KRISPY FISH FINGERS
225g skinless fish fillets eg. sole or plaice
Salt and pepper to season
45g Rice Krispies
3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
¼ tsp paprika
2 tbsp plain flour
3 – 4 tbsp sunflower oil for frying
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1 tsp lemon juice
A pinch of salt to season
- Food processor / magimix to whiz up the Rice Krispies or plastic bag and rolling pin
- Electronic kitchen scales
- Small glass /pyrex bowls
- Fish Slice or tongs for turning the fish
- Cut the fish into strips. Cover and set aside in the fridge.
- Crush the Rice Krispies in a plastic bag using a rolling pin. Mix with the Parmesan and paprika . Alternatively put the Rice Krispies, Parmesan and paprika into a food processor and whiz to create fine crumbs. Transfer to a plate.
- Beat the egg in a bowl with a little salt. Spread the flour on a separate plate.
- Toss three or four of the fish pieces in the flour, then dunk in the egg and roll in the Krispie crumbs until well coated. Arrange on a clean plate and continue with the remaining fish.
- To cook, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the fish fingers. Fry for 1 ½ – 2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Arrange on a plate with the dip, peas and lemon as in the photo.